1. Set your clock timer for 5 – 10 minutes using a gentle ringtone.
2. Sit comfortably in a chair with your back upright where you won’t be disturbed, rest your hands on your lap however you’re most comfortable, and gently close your eyes.
3. Let go of any concerns or worries you might have just for this 5 – 10 minute breath awareness meditation.
4. Breathing through your nose, allow yourself to deeply relax with each inhalation and exhalation. If you notice a distraction, like a thought in your mind or a noise in the environment, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
5. When you hear the clock timer ringtone, gently sit easily for a few minutes and then slowly open your eyes. Notice how you may feel relaxed or rejuvenated.
Try practicing this twice daily—first thing in the morning and in the evening. By practicing this breath awareness meditation everyday—even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening—you will begin to establish a daily practice. And, gradually you can increase your time to an optimal 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening.
To follow the enlightenment journey, please follow me here:
Instagram : @gonzalesgoesguru
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/GonzalesGoesGuru
Twitter : https://twitter.com/g_goesguru